Friday, April 6, 2012

Fire And Ice


Song: Roxette - Bringing Me Down to My Knees
Quote: "Art is not the application of a canon of beauty but what the instinct and the brain can conceive beyond any canon. When we love a woman we don’t start measuring her limbs." Pablo Picasso
Word: staid - steady or sedate in character; sober; composed; regular; not wild, volatile, or fanciful
Continuing the Twilight theme I want to share with you this charming piece of poetry which I first met as an epigraph for Eclipse. Of course, Mayer has disgustingly oversimplified its idea.
Sometimes I repeat these words aload. Just for the sake of English sounds on my tongue when I have sung all the songs I know.


Fire and IceSome say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think about it?